Wood Products Manufacturing Associate APPLY NOW
Do you have an exceptional work ethic and love working at a rapid pace? Bed Wood and Parts, LLC, a leading automotive wood component manufacturing company located in Hopkinsville, Kentucky is expanding and seeking qualified and skilled Wood Products Manufacturing Associates. The successful craftsmen must be self-starters and possess a creative and resourceful attitude as well as enjoy a busy and rewarding work atmosphere. Experience with cabinet manufacturing, millwork manufacturing, lutherie or as a machinist is a plus but not required. Also, experience with large wood working equipment and CNC routers is a plus, but not required.
- Cutting, shaping & smoothing lumber, verifying dimensions using caliper and/or tape measure, and operating specialized pieces of woodworking machinery (i.e. clamp carrier, saws, mills, large scale sanders, etc.)
- Plans and implements the process by reading and understanding work orders, drawings or blueprints, and gathers necessary materials to complete order.
- Ensures that items meet specific quality and precise fitment specifications; may propose process improvements to increase finished quality or efficiency of assembly processes.
- Plans and paces own work efficiency in order to exceed daily, weekly, project, or team related production goals.
- This position is part of a fast-paced environment that is reflected throughout our team.
- Inspects and packages/ships finished goods to end customer, ensuring quality product and prompt delivery.
- Responds attentively to training from Supervisor or senior staff to increase own knowledge of work processes and productivity. Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
- Restock inventory and clean the shop daily or as directed by manager/supervisor.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Exceptional Work Ethic
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Valid driver’s licenses and reliable transportation
- Must possess good manual dexterity and be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds.
- Must prefer to work at a fast, steady pace to exceed goals and always meet deadlines
- Adhere to safety procedures while performing assembly tasks
- Able to apply critical thinking to carry out written or oral instructions
- Able to read and understand simple diagrams or blueprints
- Knowledge of and ability to use a variety handheld and power tools used in woodworking
- Must be able to accurately read a tape measure to the nearest 1/16"
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift to load/unload products and materials
- Possess a passion for woodworking and the quality of your work
- Must have a passion for woodworking.
- Other: Temperatures in the manufacturing facility will vary, and like all woodworking facilities our is a dusty and noisy environment when operating equipment and tools. Hearing protection required when exposed to noise for extended periods. Eye and hearing protection required. Overtime is possible but not guaranteed.
The Wood Products Manufacturing Associate is a full-time position based in Hopkinsville, Kentucky. Qualified applicants may submit a resume and references for consideration. Pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle report, and background search performed.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Bed Wood and Parts, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
|||Hopkinsville, KY 42240|||Bed Wood and Parts ||||||XEw3Dc2SEpgWGSJO|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||range||||||13|||15|||true