Design Engineer APPLY NOW
Bed Wood and Parts, LLC is the industry leader in the design, manufacture, and sales of vehicle specific and custom wooden pickup bed floor solutions for the restoration, hotrod, and late model truck segments of the automotive aftermarket. We are a customer-centric company who takes pride in our products and high level of customer satisfaction by supplying products that are made in the U.S.A. Bed Wood and Parts brings a forward thinking and innovative approach to traditional manufacturing procedures and prides itself on not only being a supplier but a partner in our customer’s success. We are continually growing, and at present are seeking a Design Engineer in our Hopkinsville, KY location.
- The Design Engineer we seek will be an enthusiastic, disciplined, career minded and self-motivated professional with an impeccable work ethic.
- Education: High School (Minimum), Degree in Manufacturing or Design Engineering Preferred
- Experience: Entry level to 5 years’ experience preferred. Experience can be a combination of education and on the job experience.
- Proficiencies: Rhino 3-D, Multi-axis CNC Programming, 3-D scanning and modeling, assembly and BOM creation, technical writing
- Work Ethic: Self-starting, highly motivated person with a sense of urgency to meet the complex challenges in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Attention to Detail · Analyzing Information, Strategic Planning, Thoroughness, Dealing with Complexity
- Excellent Verbal Communicator - Developing standards, Promoting Process Improvement, Emphasizing Excellence.
- Qualified candidates must be eager to assist in all areas of the business as needed.
- Employee must have reliable transportation, a clean driving record, and valid driver’s license.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the process of new products design, prototyping, test fitment, and manufacturing, as well as the design and construction of the machining tools and fixtures required.
- Utilize 3-D scanning equipment to gather fitment data and model in Rhino software.
- Utilize Rhino 3-D/RhinoCAM software to program 3 and 5 axis CNC Mills,
- Employ engineering experience to improve quality while lowering costs of existing products.
- Develops product estimates/quotations using Rhino and/or any other software to accurately present costing to management.
- Create and maintain accurate costed BOMs as part of the production hand-off process.
- Utilize our ERP system to develop operating and set-up instructions to successfully produce manufactured components including shop router, tooling lists and specific job parameters required in the manufacturing plan.
- Train production staff in proper CNC machine setup and operation.
- Support production personnel in the development and implementation of standard work methods geared towards efficient utilization of workspace, equipment, and product.
- Provide shop floor assistance in troubleshooting production processes while developing and implementing more efficient processes.
- Support operations in the fabrication and assembly of products as needed.
- Implements elements of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma processes in support of process reliability, and manufacturing cycle time.
Join us and lay the foundation for an amazing and rewarding career that offers a fun work environment, advancement opportunities, and growth.
Normal hours for this full-time position are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. There may be occasional travel and weekend work required to attend B2C or B2B events.
Salary is commensurate with experience/capabilities.
About Bed Wood and Parts
Our business and employees thrive in a fast growing, fast paced, and hands-on atmosphere of teamwork wherein everyone works closely to accomplish our goals. Qualified applicants may submit a resume and references for consideration. Pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle report, and background search performed.
|||Hopkinsville, KY|||Bed Wood and Parts ||||||KsGQan-6tuKSg7ja|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false